Sunday, November 12, 2017

Stage 6



            I agree with the argument made in “Our No Good, Very Bad Voter Turnout”, in regards to the mending of our voter turnout rates. Our country reflects poor statistics when comparing the eligible voting population to the number of ballots submitted (in various elections years <[Click for statistics]). Given this evidence I would say We the Sheeple’s argument is logical and valid, however I’m uncertain on the statistics supporting the unnecessity of the Voter I.D. Laws.
             It’s challenging to merely take word of mouth when a bold claim is made. Perhaps citing the source of information would prove to be beneficial for their credibility. If producing Voter I.D. has no effect on the intensity of Voter Fraud, an expert testimony and legitimate numerical evidence would be necessary to sway the opinion of the audience. Personally, I believe producing I.D. to prevent fraud is a logical argument, simply coming from a place of common sense (I have no evidence to back this). Instinct is not always a reasonable route however; hard facts would force readers to reconsider.
            I whole heartedly agree with making Election Day a national holiday, I believe this would greatly increase voters within middle and poverty class citizens.  Diminishing the stress of finances versus country by showing hard working American’s their government genuinely wants their input would have an impact exceeding Election Day.  
            Pretending the intended audience isn’t classmates or the professor, I would venture this article would draw the attention of the American public. After all who better to change the course of voter turnout than the voters themselves? While the help of our lawmakers would be greatly appreciated in this process, it is ultimately up to the public to be diligent and turn up on Election Day.
           

            

No comments:

Final Blog

Kira Simmons-Butler's Stage 7 article provides details of a $225 million pipeline project in Texas. It explains a general outline of...